Statement of Purpose
The Sandwich Montessori School is dedicated to providing an outstanding learning environment for children in preschool through kindergarten between the ages of birth and 6 years. The school is dedicated to the principles of Dr. Maria Montessori, and follows a philosophy of child-centered education with an accent on the arts. Our goal is for each child to fulfill his or her potential in a safe, caring and challenging environment. The Sandwich Montessori School provides a stimulating environment for children to learn and express themselves with an emphasis on self-esteem.
- To nurture and encourage the utmost respect for the child, his or her peers, the community of the school, and the world around us, where the rights and needs of the child are met and upheld
- To develop and protect a positive self-image in the child
- To incorporate the principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori into an enriched learning environment
- To enhance creativity and independence through allowing responsible choices within the guidelines of the classroom
- To build a strong sense of community spirit by working together, learning from one another and valuing the opinions and differences of other
- To aid the child in the life long journey of problem solving, and critical thinking, and to help develop a love of learning
- To help the child become a self-assured, independent, life-long learner
MONTESSORI FOR BABIES
The Sandwich Montessori School
We all look forward to summer. The children are home, the sun shines all day, and the world is in full bloom. If you are wondering what you can do to combine learning and summer fun, look no further! Learning doesn’t need to stop during the summer.
Montessori at Home
There are so many incredible Montessori blogs and resources online these days, which are great for allowing us to connect with other families educators and share in their Montessori adventures. Our favorites are those that really show the essence of Montessori in daily life and the home.
For those of us familiar with the Montessori Method, it comes as no surprise that many successful and famous people who attended Montessori school praise it as one of the important success factors. Montessori has influenced many people, famous or not, who have grown to become leaders and see the world in a new way. A Montessori education inspires creativity, self confidence, and independent thinking.
Take a look at our curated list of 12 prominent and influential people who attended Montessori school as children…